Monday, February 6, 2012

Between Carnations and Roses

Wandering all around Mangga Dua to find the perfect flowers to use as the background decorations for my wedding. I was inspired by the backdrop of Forever 21 cashier at Grand Indonesia. The shocking pink roses are just too beautiful and irresistible. My decorator was meaning to use Jepara but I wasn't really into it. Using Jepara will not match my theme. He said using flowers as my background will cause a lot of money. So my mom suggested me to go find the flowers myself. It's impossible to use fresh flowers so I'm planning to just find the high quality artificial ones. I visited Forever 21 just to checked out how they made the backdrop. Took photos quietly while queuing to pay for some stuff that I wasn't planning to buy. Turns out they ordered the flowers from the USA. And I believe it costs a fortune, which doesn't fit my budget. So Mangga 2 is my very first option.

There are too many kind of flowers with various price. My background height is about 10x4 meters. Big size so I need dozens of flowers to fill it in. Unfortunately, the high quality artificial flowers which look almost the same as in Forever 21 is quite expensive. It costs about Rp 25.000 - Rp 35.000/6 buds. There's also artificial flowers that feel almost the same as the real ones that cost around Rp 250.000/12 buds. After doing some maths, if only I want the cheapest roses to fit in 10x4 meters, I will need to spend around Rp 85 millions. Crazy, right???

first option

So I go for the second option, which is replacing roses with carnations. I have to re-assured myself for thousand times to finally choose this. The price is waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the first option. But hopefully the carnations will look as good as roses. Ah, well....

No comments:

Post a Comment